Keep Calm & Love the Sea


The calm, deep blue waters of the sea have always mesmerized me. I remember those days in my childhood, during summer vacations to my grandparents' place in Mangalore (known for its pristine beaches), I would throw tantrums to be taken to the beach everyday! Making sand castles, collecting sea shells & drawing on wet sand is what I remember of those trips! The sea shells collected on those trips are still stored away in a safe corner. The sea has a calming effect on me. After a tough long day, a walk by Marine Drive or Haji Ali in Mumbai, works wonders.


Some of the beaches I've visited are in Karnataka (Murdeshwar, Ullal, Mangalore, Gokarna), Goa, Maharshtra (Kelwa, Kashid, Uttan, Juhu, Girgaon Chowpatty). The Marvanthe Beach is a beautiful beach in Karnataka which is definitely a must visit when you're around. The spectacular thing is that on one side of the road is the river Suparnika & on the other is the Marvanthe beach. One in a kind where the sweet & salty water remain separated by a strip of land.

 The soft gentle lapping of the waves, the cool breeze, the salty fragrance in the air is relaxing. Some people jokingly say that I must have been a sailor in my past life..

The simplicity of the moment with the waves caught in the sun's rays sparkling like glitter is inexplicable. It is magical & pure, a conversation between your soul & Mother Nature. <3

"Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard. Psyche Roxas-Mendoza"


A beautiful sunset at Kashid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the Rain

Of Love & Longing