Did you #HugYourDad this Father's Day?

My father has been one of the most important people in my life & I'm sure this stands for many of you as well. Dad is a girl's first superhero & role model. He pampers you & scolds you as well. And that's what makes them so special. Dads mostly never display too much affection but ask them for the stars & they'll try to get that for you as well.

Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right. ~Wade Boggs
Some of the important lessons Dad gave me have  influenced me to live a happy & successful life:
  1. To be happy with whatever you have. Dream but don't expect. Expectations ruin your life.
  2. Believe in the Almighty & have faith. He listens.
  3. If you work really hard & yet you don't get what you want, just accept it, its in your best interest.If it has to happen, it will.
  4. Enjoy life. Spend & live comfortably. Neither be too extravagant nor save too much.
 These life lessons have always remained with me & helps me.  Because of the examples he  set for me, Dad provided the stepping stone I needed to achieve my goals so as to lead a happy and successful life. He gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me. 


He may not be a firefighter, an astronaut or a brain surgeon – he is a simple man – yet he has left the greatest impact on me.

Dad is always a call away when I'm down & out. He always knows the best way out of a problem. Since childhood, I've tried to imbibe his personality. He gets along with everyone he meets. And the best part, wherever he goes, he meets his colleagues & friends. That's one quality I really admire. He knows how to nurture relationships & reach out to people in their time of need.

I really wish I was home this Father's Day but never mind. I'm sure, we're going to celebrate soon.

The dynamic between a father and daughter is a complex one, and all the more so given that it has perhaps been explored less than other relationships. 

I am participating in the '#HugYourDad' activity for Vicks in association with BlogAdda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamshedpur- The Steel City

The Sands of Time..